Country legend Loretta Lynn announced that she’s releasing a new album titled Still Woman Enough on March 19.
While the album isn’t strictly remakes or duets, it will reprise classic songs like “One’s on the Way,” “You Ain’t Woman Enough” and “Honky Tonk Girl”. Still Woman Enough will feature Carrie Underwood, Margo Price, Tanya Tucker, and Reba McEntire.
The title track of the 13-track album is a new composition co-written with Lynn’s daughter, Patsy Lynn Russell, and performed with Underwood and McEntire. The two other duets on the album are the classic “You Ain’t Woman Enough” with Tucker and a revisitation of 1971’s Shel Silverstein-penned “One’s on the Way” with Price.
The album also includes “Coal Miner’s Daughter (Recitation)” which is a reflection of Lynn’s signature hit. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of its release, Lynn shared the music video for the song.
Other tracks on the album include her version of the Carter Family’s “Keep on the Sunny Side”, Stephen Foster’s “Old Kentucky Home,” Hank Williams’ “I Saw the Light” and the gospel standard “I Don’t Feel at Home Anymore.” Rounding out the album are “My Love” and “I Wanna Be Free”.
“I am just so thankful to have some of my friends join me on my new album. We girl singers gotta stick together,” Lynn said when announcing the project. “It’s amazing how much has happened in the fifty years since ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter’ first came out and I’m extremely grateful to be given a part to play in the history of American music.”
Check out the video for “Coal Miner’s Daughter (Recitation)” and the complete track list of Still Woman Enough.
1. “Still Woman Enough” (feat. Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood) (written by Loretta Lynn and Patsy Lynn Russell)
2. “Keep on the Sunny Side” (written by A.P. Carter)
3. “Honky Tonk Girl” (written by Loretta Lynn)
4. “I Don’t Feel at Home Any More” (traditional, arrangement by Loretta Lynn)
5. “Old Kentucky Home” (written by Stephen Foster and Loretta Lynn)
6. “Coal Miner’s Daughter Recitation” (written by Loretta Lynn)
7. “One’s on the Way” (feat. Margo Price) (written by Shel Silverstein)
8. “I Wanna Be Free” (written by Loretta Lynn)
9. “Where No One Stands Alone” (written by Lister Mosie)
10. “I’ll Be All Smiles Tonight” (written by T.B. Ransom)
11. “I Saw the Light” (written by Hank Williams)
12. “My Love” (written by Loretta Lynn)
13. “You Ain’t Woman Enough” (feat. Tanya Tucker) (written by Loretta Lynn)