It’s been almost a decade now since The Office went off the air, but that’s not stopping it from being one of the most-watched shows in the world. Nielsen’s list of the most-streamed shows of 2020 is out, and the beloved workplace sitcom easily came on top.
The Office led the way with 57.1 billion total minutes of streaming, easily beating its competition. We’re yet to see if it will be just as popular in 2021 after ending its run on Netflix and moving to NBCUniversal’s newly-launched streaming service Peacock.
Grey’s Anatomy came in second with 39.4 billion streaming minutes, and Criminal Minds wasn’t far behind with a total of 35.4 billion streaming minutes. The list was mostly dominated by series that originated on broadcast networks, but a couple of original managed to sneak their way in.
Ozark was apparently our favorite Netflix original to watch in quarantine, with 30.5 billion streaming minutes throughout 2020. The Crown and Tiger King also made the cut, and the only non-Netflix show to make it to the list was The Mandalorian, which is streaming on Disney+.
Nielsen’s Top 15 Streaming Shows of 2020:
1. The Office (57.1B streaming minutes)
2. Grey’s Anatomy (39.4B streaming minutes)
3. Criminal Minds (35.4B streaming minutes)
4. Ozark (30.5B streaming minutes)
5. NCIS (28.1B streaming minutes)
6. Schitt’s Creek (23.8B streaming minutes)
7. Supernatural (20.3B streaming minutes)
8. Lucifer (19.0B streaming minutes)
9. Shameless (18.2B streaming minutes)
10. The Crown (16.3B streaming minutes)
11. Tiger King (15.6B streaming minutes)
12. New Girl (14.5B streaming minutes)
13. The Mandalorian (14.5B streaming minutes)
14. The Blacklist (14.5B streaming minutes)
15. Vampire Diaries (14.1B streaming minutes)