If you are a fan of Sex and the City, then we have some sad news. Speaking with Extra, Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed that there will be no Sex and the City 3 movie.
“It’s over… we’re not doing it,” said Jessica Parker. “I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story. It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”
The rumors about the movie not getting made circled for some time now. After the news first broke about the movie being shelved by the Warner Bros, on of the reasons mentioned by the sources were Kim Cattrall’s demands that Warner Bros produce some of her other projects in development, in order to go ahead and sign on for the sequel. Previously all other Sex and the City stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon signed the contracts and expressed the desire to bring the fans another installment to the movie and television series.
“The only reason this movie isn’t being made is because of Kim Cattrall. Everyone was looking forward to making this movie but Kim made it all about her, always playing the victim.” – said the source.
Kim Cattrall responded to these allegations were posted on her Twitter account saying that she didn’t want to make the 3rd movie at all and that she made it clear to the studio in 2016.
Woke 2 a @MailOnline 💩storm! The only 'DEMAND' I ever made was that I didn't want to do a 3rd film….& that was back in 2016
— Kim Cattrall (@KimCattrall) September 29, 2017